Sunday, January 23, 2011

first letter from the MTC

Here is Chrsitian's first letter from the MTC:

Right after I said my hoorah for Israel I went over to my gate where I ran into a young man in a suit, I asked him, are you a missionary, brother? He said "yes" and our adventure began, he told me that he was going to Maceio, Brazil and that he was excited to serve the Lord, I showed him the 3 book of Mormons that my dad gave me to hand out on the plane, I figured he would want to join in on the fun, so I gave him one. I got on the plane where we were separated, the person next to me was more interested in sleeping than thinking about my excitement for a book she wasn't interested in. So, I decided to look out the window, it was a beautiful sight, I saw the sun rise over the beginning of my mission, I thought of what Heavenly Father had planned for me, I thought of my first 50 miler and thought of watching the sun rise with my dad, Now I was watching the sun rise with my Heavenly Dad, I made a promise in my heart that I would do the best I can to make Him proud.
Then I got picked up by Uncle Jesse and Aunt Danny, along with Maddie, and Dafny, kicking it with Maddie and Dafny is always encouraging, and of course I was with uncle Jesse and aunt Danny so of course we ran into a General authority, haha Then I stopped by BYU, said goodbye to my friends, told Uncle Mark I would give the people of Brazil Heaven for him ;) Then I was off to the MTC I got to the MTC and was given a companion. His name was Elder Gage, the same Elder I met earlier that day, he is awesome, and I have loved working with him! The MTC is a piece of cake! I love it here, we just read scriptures and learn Portuguese all day long it is the best! My teachers Irmao Dodge and Shaeffer are awesome!!! I am so glad to be here, much love to everyone in Seattle and BYU, Justin, Heather, Gregory, stay strong, and Mom and Dad, enjoy life!!! Talk to you guys next week!
For Kleber&Juliana, Paulo&Lusciana and family, and Naotom&Caterine and family, and for all of my other Brazilian families:
Thank you for all of the help with reading and the language, my teachers are very impressed, and I have gained a lot of respect from my district for my knowledge of the language, I am learning more everyday, but thank you so much for the base you have given me. My teacher said something on my first day and I said Que Masa!!! He laughed so hard!! Thank you for all of the sacrifice you have given to help me!!! Kleber and Juliana, I can't write you while I am in the MTC, but I am sure you will get this, thanks for everything, I miss you guys!! Caterine, thanks for all the language training!! And thanks for letting me spend time with all of you!!! I am running out of time, I will write more later,
I send my love to all, good luck and enjoy life back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment