Friday, February 18, 2011

Christian is called to be a Zone leader in the MTC!



This week has been amazing, as always. We started a new tradition this week, we have a rock of English, it weighs 10 pounds. Whoever speaks English has to carry the rock, I have been very blessed, I have been praying throughout the day that I won't speak English, but so far it has gone well, I have only had to carry the rock once this week. Also, I forgot to mention that my companion and I were chosen to be zone leaders a couple of weeks ago. This has kept us very busy, but it is an honor to serve our fellow missionaries. The highlight was this week when I showed up to welcome the 29 new missionaries into our branch and I saw an old friend, Elder Krulish!! It has been fun showing his district around and seeing him again, I can't wait to hear his first talk in Portuguese!!! Maybe I will ask the branch president to give him a talk in a couple of weeks.
This week has been really cool. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how I can better myself as a missionary, I have been working on obtaining more virtue, the best way of doing this is to keep working constantly, on top of my new responsibilities as zone leader my companion and I have taught 26 lessons and did 20 contacts this week, we are working hard to help our district achieve a new goal of over 100 contacts and a total of 100 lessons, it has been a blast!! It is just like the stories I have always heard of missions, setting really high goals and working until you drop, luckily it is fun work. The best thing is, the more we practice the more prepared we will be to teach and preach the word in Brazil. I wish I could transmit all of my feelings, excitement, and joy of missionary work to all of you.
The closest thing that I could find is a video on LDSW.org: Kyiv Temple cultural celebration video. I love watching this video, I can't wait to share my talents with the people of Brazil, I hope that if I keep working hard Heavenly Father will be proud of the work I have done for Him. I am doing the best I can to make an affect on as many people as I can now, and to assist in preparing the other missionaries as best I can so that we can better serve Heavenly Father. Please watch the video on the Kyiv temple cultural celebration, I promise it will make your day, and it wouldn't hurt to share it with a few of your friends, everyone needs some light every once in a while.
I just want to finish by bearing my testimony:
eu sei que a igreja de Jesus Cristo dos santos dos ultimos dias e' a verdade. Eu sei que um dia podemos ser com nossas familias para sempre, e eu sei que quando temos fe em Jesus Cristo e em pai dele, Pai Celestial podemos fazer todos as coisas na terra, e eu sei que un dia eu vou falar com Gragory a mesma que meus otros irmaos, e ele nao precisa ter seizures e otras coisas dificil eu digo estas coisas em nome de Jesus Cristo, Amem

No comments:

Post a Comment