Saturday, February 26, 2011

Deus Vos Guarde (God be with you til we meet again)


Uncle Brad, thanks for the advice with the spelling, and your letter. Mom, just so you know, I have no idea when my visa is going to come, I just know that the Lord knows, I quess that will be good enough for me. Dad, I keep forgetting to tell you, Elder Galbraith is going to Portugal, he leaves in 2 weeks, we have been swapping stories, if you could give me a story that would be a great thing for Elder Galbraith to have, btw he said that his dad says you were legend!

I have been so blessed in my service in the MTC, I wouldn't mind going to Brazil, but I am happy where I am. I have really learned to love the other missionaries that I serve. This past week has been awesome, but it has been bitter sweet. The portugal district in my zone has been very close to my heart, they left this past week to their mission, since they have left I have missed them greatly. Before they left I had many good talks with them, and when we did "contacts" they would always be creative new people, they were also very fun, we didn't know it until we left but the week we gort here they gave us a box of candy and a districty tie, we have in turn done this for all of the new districts. But the sunday before they left they got up in front of all of us and sang Deus Vos Guarde (God be with you til we meet again) I cannot describe how I felt, I have loved serving them so much and visa versa and now they were leaving to a totally different continent, but when they sang I felt comforted, also in portugues that song is more beautiful to me. I thought about how grateful I am to be here, to meet people like this, and to be able to have experiences like this.

Since then we have recieved a new district into my branch this past wednesday, one of the members of that disctrict is an Elder from Belgium, he speaks a little english, and at the same time is trying to learn Portugues. I will never forget him standing there and telling us that his parents are seperated and neither of them like the church, he has been a member for a year and he has payed for his mission by roofing, but he told us, struggling with every word, that he wishes that the whole world could feel the love of Heavenly Father. His story is one of many who have made great sacrifices to be here, all so that we can serve the Lord and benefit the lives of others. I hope that whoever reads this letter will want to invite their friends to hear the words of the Lord, because I think that many times we don't think of how much it can change someone else's life, just look at how much the Kyiv temple blessed people as far as Khazakstan. I am so proud to be here, and that I grew up in a family that has prepared me so well for this work. Once someone said "I am afraid to talk to other people" My companion said, "Thats ok, I bet everyone but Elder McOmber, his father, and his grandfather had to go through the same thing."

I love all of you, thanx for all of your support, until next week

Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment