Monday, April 30, 2012

Elder Holland comes to visit

Hey ma, I qrote you letter for mothers day and I am going to send it to you today or tomorrow, Love ya ma.  I am so grateful for all of the love you guys have given me, I feel like sometimes the love that people have for me is what gives me energy to love others.  At the close of this month my missionaries and I have seen so many miracles, I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father put me here and is always by my side, no matter what happens We always prevail.  Elder Holland talked about the level of sacrafice we need as missionaries and told of the sacrafice of the apostles and prophets, and he told us that President and Sister Gonzaga are excelent mission presidents that are making a difference, he said that our mission has a reputation but he has come to tell us that what has happened in the past is over and that we are entering into the light, that today is a new beginning, and he said that we need to be close to God with our lips and our hearts too.  He said that Jesus got the most frustrated with hypocrisy and 1800 years after he died se summed up all of the apostasy with "With their lips they honor me, but their hearts are far from me."  Then he shook all of our hands and looked into our eyes, it was way cool.
      I love you guys and I am grateful for all of your sacrafices that made me who I am!!
-Elder McOmber    

No comments:

Post a Comment