Wednesday, March 23, 2011

christian says he made it to the Promised Land!

I finally made it to the field! I spent 5 days in Sao Paulo, Uncle Brad, when I get the chance I will send pictures that show what the MTC there looks like, but it is pretty beautiful, and also, while you are there they let you go out and tract, which was a blast. The best was one night I walked into a room with my companion in the MTC, one of my friends said "We are about to do something very spiritual" then we sang a beautiful raggae version of Minha Luz. My time at the MTC was pretty cool, but yesterday I came to the field with some of my friends from the Brazil MTC. President Beynon picked us up and we went over to their house where we did interviews and got our senior companions, or our "Pais." "Meu Pai" is an American who is called Elder Eggett, he is the man! It is real wild too because he looks like Uncle David (Chop Liver) to me, he also has a similar sense of humor. I looked at his planner while we were tracting and the time when I was supposed to arrive said "Dando Luz." He is an awesome "Pai" when we returned home from prosselyting there were big pieces of paper from our 2 brazilian roomates, Elder Gonc,alves, and Elder Pianca. Above our study desks we had posters congratulating me on making it to the field, and one on my companion's desk that said something on the lines of "Congratulations, it's a boy." I love the field, and I love my companion, everyday is an adventure, I am so happy that I am able to serve here in Brazil, in the best mission in the world!

Para Caterine: Voce ja tem minha carta para voce? Se voce tem mais conselho para mim, por favor, envia para me!! Eu esto muito feliz que eu esto em Brazil. Em a semana pasada eu foi no CTM(Centro de Traniemento Missionario) em Sao Paulo, uma professora la´ contou me que eu digo minhas R a mesma que alguiem de Rio de Janeiro, Eu Riu, e contei ella sobre voce e como eu aprendi a leer em portugues. Agorra eu sou em Maceio, eu gosto morando aqui, Maceio e´ muito bonito aqui, mas muito quente tambem!! nenhuem dos homens vestem em camisas aqui. eu vou falar com voce no futuro mais sobre meu experiencias aqui no Brasil. Eu me sento a mesma que os missionarios no Livro de Mormon, eu sou muito grato que eu posso servir neste pais bonito! E por favor se voce tem conselho para me, envia para mim!! Boa suerte com seus Filhos, e seu ajuda com a escola deles! Vai com Forca!!
-Elder McOmber

1 comment:

  1. I had a class ar BCC last summer with Brad. He's a pretty cool guy!

    ReplyDelete