Saturday, April 16, 2011

First letter from Macieo, dated March 30, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

That is awesome Ma, it is great to hear that everything is going well back home. I am loving life in Brasil, everyday is an adventure! I love my companion, my pai is the man! And Today I met my avo, (pai de meu pai). Working with Elder Eggett has been way chill, it is fun to work with him because we both listen to eachother´s ideas, and Dad, bringing the parachute was a great idea, we have already used it once at a ward party, it was a hit! This next month my companion and I are organizing a ward talent show and we are going to invite everyone that we talk to. We are also going to make little handouts for General Conference, we want people to know that they have the oppurtunity to hear from a real life prohet, today!!!!

Finally, I want to tell a little story, one day my companion and I went to this house, the mother let us in and we taught her the first lesson, when I was done telling her the Joseph Smith story she told us something amazing. About the same time that I came to Brasil she saw a pastor on TV that told everyone to find their church, and so she prayed that she could find the right church. She told us that she knew in her heart that our church is true. Then I told her that I have been preparing my whole life to teach someone like her, and she said "And I have been waiting,hoping, and working, and doing the best I can for my children, so that I could hear these things." Today she is being married so that she can be baptised this saturday with her children.

I want everyone to know that I know that this church is true. I want you all to know that there are people waiting everywhere in the world for missionaries to teach them, I know that Marenilda was being prepared, and in reality she was hoping, and waiting for this message, and those of us who have the truth must share it! I am so proud to hear what my family is doing to share the gospel, and I know that they will always share it. I love this work, and I am so happy to be able to serve here, in Brasil. And to be able to help the people of Brasil to know of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, and that families can be together forever. I know with my whole heart that these things are true, and I say them in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Much love to everyone, thanx for all of the support!!
-Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment