Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 11, 2011 Portuguese as well for all Brazilians!

Hey Fam, it was so great to get to talk to you and hear from all of you.  I am really glad that everything is going better with Gregory. I am praying for all of you, I also want to say a special thanks to everyone who wrote in my book of advice, I have been reading through everything and it has really helped me out lately.  Yesterday I was transfered to Antares, I was really sad to leave behind Feitosa, I really grew to love the people there, my new companion, and I felt so much a part of their world.  There is something about Feitosa that is irreplacable, it will always have a place in my heart.  I think the hardest thing on the mission is leaving an area, especially because I was working with a lot of people that I was really excited to see them get baptised, but I am also excited to work in my new area, with my new companion, Elder Pianca, after much prayer and thought I know what my Pai Celestial wants me to do, and knowing that has given me joy.  Even though I am sad to leave behind my other area I am ready to move on and do the Lord´s will.
Para meus amigos brasileiros: Minha primera area, Feitosa, foi shieki da paega (um diria em maceio, significe de mais)  Eu gosto muito da obra missionario no Brasil. Muitos pessoas tem coraçoes obertos para ouvir coisas novas e tambem algums deles estaõ prontos para seguir Jesus Cristo.  Eu ja tive muitos esperiencias quando a fe das pessoas fez millagres para as familias deles.  Tambem, eu gosto muito da cultura entre os missionarios.  Minha missão tem mais brasileiros do que americanos. Em nossa missão nós pensamos sobre nossa missão como uma vida nova, Meu primero companheiro foi meu Pai, eu "Nasci" em Feitosa com 2 tios, Elder Pianca e Elder Gonçalves.  quando meu Pai saiu Feitosa ele me deixou uma gravata do nosso Clã na missão, As Águias.  Agorra eu esto trabalhando com meu "Tio" Pianca.  Eu realmente sentir que eu sou um parte deste País, e este povo, e eu sou muito grato que eu sou um parte das vidas das pessoas e que eu possa ajudar eles com preparrando a encontrar nosso Pai que está no Ceu, e eu Sei que realmente eu esto fazendo a obra Do Senhor.  Eu esto muito animado para falar consigos face a face sobre estas coisas!!  até meu proxima carta, tchau!  -Élder McOmber

2 comments:

  1. For my Brazilian friends: My first area, Feitosa was "shieki da paega" (a slang saying in Maceio, it means very cool). I really like missionary work a lot in Brazil. Many people have open hearts to hear new things and some of them are also ready to follow Jesus Christ. I have had many experiences when the faith of people made miracles for their families. Also, I really like the culture between the missionaries. My mission has more Brazilians than Americans. In our mission, we think about our mission as a new life: my first companion was my father, I was "born" in Feitosa with 2 uncles, Elder Pianca and Elder Goncalves. When my father left Feitosa he left me a tie from our clan in the mission, The Eagles. Now I am working with my "uncle" Pianca. I really feel that I am a part of this country, and this people, and I am very grateful that I am a part of the lives of the people and that I can help them prepare to meet our Father in Heaven, and I know that really I am doing the Lord's work. I am very excited to speak with you face to face about these things!! Until my next letter, goodbye!
    -Elder McOmber

    ReplyDelete