Thursday, May 19, 2011

tough week, but perseveres!

This week has been a little difficult, there are definately times in this work when I feel like the whole world is on my shoulders, or at least the part I am responsible for. But, Heavenly Father is always there. This week I was praying and fasting mightily that my companion and I would encounter success and yesterday we began to find people to teach who have the courage to change their lives and follow Jesus Christ. To be honest I dedicated this month´s work to my Grandy and Grandad, and lo and behold I had a Grandy and Grandad experience.
I felt like I was holding on in the dark, praying and working the best I can, then last night my companion had a feeling like we should go to a place called Oro Preto (Dark Gold) to find someone to teach. I was so excited that he was excited that I jumped on the idea, we booked it over there and immediately started teaching people, then at the end of the day when the sun was setting we knocked on one last house. This house held a beautiful family that we think have great potential, there is still a lot more to do in the future to help this family, but I know that my Heavenly Father helped us to find that family, I know with my whole soul that finding that family was an answer to prayer. And just like my Grandy and Grandad I held on, because something that I have learned from them that the darkest night is before the dawn.
I want you all to know that I know that the Lord is in this work. I know that he has been preparing me my whole life so that I could have these moments that I am having right now, and he is preparing me still to be a better servant. Thank you all for everything you all have done to help prepare me for this journey, until next weeks letter,
-Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment