Tuesday, February 21, 2012

sad to leave rio Largo

Well, this saturday night I recieved a call from my leaders that told me that I
would leave Rio Largo, I was standing by Cristiano and Elder Lima, and they
looked to me and I gave them the signal. I turned off the phone and I gave them
hugs, and they started calling everyone and telling them the news, a lot of my
friends are on encampments because of Carnaval, but they all talked to me and
thanked me, it has been amazing to talk to everyone, and there is no way to
describe the love that I have for these people, JR, Cristiano, and my army of
youth, Ródrigo and Ándreia, Rozana, my sons, Elder Lima and João, and of course
all of the people I baptised. But I have had many amazing moments with my
recent converts, but my moments with Ródrigo and Ándreia have been super
special, today I will give them a letter to read to Douglas and for him to have
when he is older, I always want to be present in these peoples lives, just like
dad is with the smiths, the dieks, and the farmers. When I baptised them I saw
this opportunity and I have been doing everything within my power to help them
stay firm.
This week I explained Ándreia how transfers work and that it is
possible that I could be transfered, I told her that when I tell them that I
love their family I feel like the words don´t give justice to the feelings I
feel, she told me that she is so grateful for evrything I have done for her and
her family and she looked at Douglas and said I am so grateful that my son was
born in the church and that he will be able to enter this world knowing the
truth, and she looked at me and as she did her tears started to fall, she told
me how grateful she is for my sacrafices, I can´t explain how much I love their
family, but I imagine it was like that with my dad and the families he baptised,
I will continue to write them and fast and pray for them and I will do
everything to help them with Douglas as he is growing and I will send him advice
when he is leaving on his mission, in Rio Largo I have evrything I have always
dreamed to have, and more Rio Largo will always be Narnia to me, I can´t wait
for you guys to see the magic of this place!!!!

-Elder mcOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment