Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Elder McOmber honorable release, will be home in a week.

Christian will be coming home in a week.  He has been serving as an assistant to the president, and his mission president would love nothing more than to have him serving longer on his mission, but he has seen the pain Chrsitian is in, and his hand is not getting better, it has now spread to his shoulders, other hand, and now feet.  We already have a doctor appointment for the day after he returns next week.  This is very good, and his mission president mad the decision.  Christian would have stayed even longer, even though he has been battling this pain since March.  Christian served valiently, and with more effectiveness than most, and he is fine with this decision.  He knows it is what the Lord wants, and he has had many spiritual experiences that confirm that.  We look forward to next week!  WE LOVE ELDER MCOMBER!



I love you all so much, Dad, that is way cool that that women got sealed after we gave her that book of Mormon.  I think by now you guys have gotten the call from President Tanner, Presidente Gonzaga has seen my health get worse and this past week he sat me down right before I was going to give a training to the leaders in Sergipe, he told me that he has thought a lot about me and that he feels from God that now is my time, I will call you guys to let you guys know more, President knows how important my mission is to me, so he has arranged for me to end my mission as if it were normal, I will return having served an honorable full-time mission.  But I will be coming home next week, Heavenly Father has been preparing me little by little for this moment, I have felt from the spirit that Heavenly Father is happy with me and that he is happy with my sacrafice and my mission.  When I have more time I will tell you guys the whole story, but it sufficeth me to say that I know that Heavenly Father is happy with me and that personal revelation is very real,  I have had a moment this week that was very spiritual, I KNOW that this is my time to go and that Heavenly Father loves me.
       Today President said, "This game isn´t over, it is like football, I am going to take out my all-star player so that he can play in the championship game"  I am so glad that President has an eternal perspective and that he loves me so much.  Even though no one can replace Mom and Dad, President and Sister Gonzaga have treated me like their son.  Numerous ocasions President has called me Son in front of other missionaries and members, but President and I both have the same Heavenly Father, and even though we wanted to stay together a little longer, President feels like it is my time, and I trust his inspiration.
        But I wanted to thank my Dad and Mom for all of the love and support, and I wish you guys could see me here, I feel like the Gladiator of the Maceió mission, I feel sad that my Glory days are coming to an end, but this is not the first time I have fought for good alongside these mighty companions and Presidente and Sister, and I know that the battle between Good and Evil is far from over, when it comes time for the "championship game" I know that I will be alongside Presidente again, and we will take on the world!!
       But I also wanted to thank dad for inspiring me before my mission to ask Heavenly Father for a scripture, I prayed and opened the book of Mormon and opened to 3 Nefi 20, during my mission I have read this scripture.  It is amazing that something written thousands of years ago by a prophet of God has parralleled so clearly my mission, I can look at this chapter and see where I was transfered, which prophecy was written for which area.  Heavenly Father´s ability to plan and make goals never ceases to amaze me.  When I get home I will show you ma and Dad, when I tell you my stories, I love you both so much, but dad, if you want to get some closure, read the last 5 verses of 3 Nefi 20, I didn´t go home "with flight" when you guys asked me to go home 2 months ago because I still had to fulfill te last 4 verses, but now it is finished and verily all has come to pass, I love you all and am excited to see you all again!!!  
-Elder McOmber      

No comments:

Post a Comment