Wednesday, June 1, 2011

sweet woman baptized

That was so wonderful to get to hear about all of those things, even though we are on different sides of the world I feel like we are fighting the same battles. I hope Grandad and Grandy are doing alright, I know that they will fight through anything that comes their way, and Ma, I know how you feel. I was having a real hard time this past week, I dedicated this month to Grandy and Grandad and I felt like I would have 0 baptisms in my new area in the mont that I dedicated to Grandy and Grandad, but then we had a miracle. I don´t have time or the permission to write the story, but on the very last sunday of the month we baptised a very sweet woman, it was a battle to get there, but it was amazing to see how without my companion and I working together we would not have succeeded. Sometimes we really do feel like we have the whole world on our shoulders, but it all worked out in the end, and I am real excited to move on into the future!
This past week I had an amazing experience, I don´t know if I already said this but I started a class of English in my new area, it has been really successful, this saturday will be the 4th week. It has been a blast, my first week I taught everyone how to pray in English and I testified to everyone that the best person to talk to in English is Heavenly Father, because he always understands. This past week as a part of the class I taught them how to bear testimony. The spirit was really strong, my favorite part was seeing 3 girls who are not members stand up and tell me in English that they know that Heavenly Father is there and that Jesus loves them. I testified to everyone in English and then expounded in Portugues that I know that these things are true. In that moment I thought of how much Jesus really does love these young women and that gave me courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment