Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Run for Justin! Good story of a kindred dancer :)

Thanx for the letters Ma and Dad, I love you both so much!! I will try to get a running picture for you guys, I will send it to you on monday. The work is going awesome here, we have had a few divisions that fell through this past week, but it was fun to have some quality time with my companion, Elder Garrett is very wise and I have really loved learning from him as we serve together. We are coming close to tranfers, I would really love to stay here with Elder Garrett, but if the Lord has a better place for me, I am ready to go, I love my Pai Celestial and I will do whatever he asks of me.
I had an interview with my new mission President, Elder Gonzaga is an amazing servant of the Lord, and I know that he is called of God. This last week has been amazing. I just want to share a story with you all about my friend named Jeovanio. He is way cool, he is way into Capoeira, he went to a big meeting in Sergipe last week with some pros. He is very sincere and very straight forward. He has been to church a few times and he is reading the book of Mormon and praying for an answer, whenever he reads he said that he feels normal, but he is always able to tell us exactly what the chapter is about. So we left him to read the story of Ammon and pray to recieve a feeling in his heart. I told him that I would pray for his answer.
I prayed and thought a lot about his answer, then the morning before we went there I recieved a prompting in personal study to read Alma 32, I read and funny enough, verse 28 stood out to me, even though I was reading in Portuguese I read that verse and I thought a little about Ben Bleazard haha But I felt really strongly about sharing that scripture with him. When we got there Jeovanio told us that he read this chapter, he really liked Lamoni. I asked him if he felt something this time, he told me that he did, I asked him if he could explain it, he said that he couldn´t but that he knew that he felt something and he indicated across his chest to his heart. I told him that I had been praying with all of my heart that he would recieve that feeling and that I had been prompted to show him that scripture, Alma 32:28, I showed him that scripture and we talked about how he knows that the feeling in his heart is growing and getting stronger. We explained that that feeling is the spirit and that he can know through that feeling that this church is true.
I was so happy that Heavenly Father let me be a part of Jeovanio´s spiritual journey. I want to testify that I know that this church is true and that Heavenly Father really does tell His servants what He wants them to do, if they are listening.
I love all of you, and I promise to pray for Justin and his Eagle Projects, I am not really sure how this whole letter thing works, but it sounds like it goes to a blog where people read it, so for all of you blog readers, go run in my little brother´s Race!!! He is the man! Much love Family, and Justin, even though I am not in America, I promise you I will be running around over here, so you can believe I am running with you, my brother.
-Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment