Monday, July 4, 2011

Great Success!

Thanx for everythin ma, I am real grateful for the letters and all of the support that you guys give me. Penedo is exploding with success, I just want to tell you a little story real fast while I still have time. There was this family, Aloisio and Kelly and their 2 kids. We marked their baptism for this past saturday when we arrived in Penedo, they had been to church a few times and found a different feeling in our church. This past week we were preparing them for their baptisms, and let me tell you the faith they have can move mountains. On monday someone from another church stopped by before we got there and told Kelly that she wasn´t prepared for her baptism, how could she know that our church is true and tried to tell her a bunch of terrible things about our church, she bore her testimony and said that she knows that our church is true. Then after we passed by, she was cleaning through some things in her house and she found some music that reminded her of a different part of her life, she broke all of the CDs and said that she wanted to leave behind her past. Aloisio and Kelly were baptised this past saturday, when Elder Garrett and I stopped by the following monday Aloisio told us that he used to love São João, he use to drink like crazy, it was his life, but now he has left all of that behind to follow this new path. He told us that before his baptism, everything was (Hand slap sign that means whatever) but now he sees the difference in between right and wrong, and he wants nothing to do with the evil things of this world. He also told us that he is walking into a new world, and he wants that for all of his friends, the day after his baptism he invited his friend to church, and Kelly has a few friends that she wants to bring to church next week.
Aloisio and Kelly have tasted true joy, and now they want that for their friends, my brothers and sisters, my heart is full of joy for the righteous in this world who are willing to follow Jesus Christ. I want to bear my words that I know that God lives, and that through Jesus Christ we can live with Him someday, and I know that there are souls out there that are spiritually starving, and they need a friend to call to them. I wish that I had more time in a day to share this message, because I know that it is True!!!! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment