Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thanx a million Dad, I loved your letter. There are definately times when it is a tough race, this last transfer was real rough for me, I don´t want to go into details, but lets just say I am glad that I had Scott Cooper´s story for preperation. But, I honestly tried to love my companion, I read over and over again the advice from the letters binder, that helped me out a ton, but we baptised 2 people, I felt so happy, but I also felt the energy sucked out of me, my heart, might, mind, and soul was tired, but I didn´t want to be one of the missionaries that 'Die on the mission" So I told myself no matter what I was going to press on, and now I am here in Penedo, It is amazing how Heavenly Father does things, but now everything that I lost I am gaining here, it is me, 2 old missionaries that are doing the best they can, and a new brazilian to whom I am teaching English, my English class is going great here, we have baptised 8 people so far and we have 3 more this week if everything goes well, and each one of their stories is amazing!!!
I feel like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ gave me the oppurtunity to feel Christ´s pain and to stand alone for the love of others. i am so glad that I felt a small fraction of what it is like to carry the world on your shoulders for the love of others, and to be honest I cant imagine a better family to prepare me for these experiences. I love all of you, and I am so glad to be a part of this work, I was feeling so tired, but here I am working with valiant companions and amazing members. Not to mention these families that I am teaching are healing me as I teach them and we grow together, I know that it is a long race Dad, but keep going!! And don´t look back, you have to always know that what Jesus has for you is better than whatever you had going on before. I am honestly in Paradise, with a companion that is way valiant, I feel like we both arrived in Penedo after much suffering, but now we are getting stronger together, and Dad, I remember your goal of 25 from your mission, I always wanted to have that much faith, Elder Garrett and I are going for it.
I just want to testify that Heavenly Father is My Heavenly Father, he breaks me, and then he gives me everything i have ever dreamed, I can´t wait for you guys to see this place, it is more beautiful than I could have imagined, and pictures really don´t give the sunsets working justice. But, I love you, and my family,
Até próximo!
-Elder McOmber

No comments:

Post a Comment